Sunday, December 5, 2010

Evaluating Your GAME Plan Progress

It has been five weeks now since I have set my goals using the GAME plan. It is becoming more apparent that I will have to implement my original plans for the film later. It will require a tremendous amount of organizing and logistics in order to make it happen. Even though I could easily use my computer and webcam to film, it will take a little longer to organize this for the entire class. I am not giving up on it though, but I may have to table it until the next semester which will start in February.
I am sure that I will be able to set up the podcast assignment this semester.

How effective were my actions in helping me meet my goals?
Since our focus in the AVID program is more geared to traditional paper-based reading and writing activities, I have not moved forward yet with the technology aspect yet.
What have I learned so far that I can apply in my instructional practice?
I have learned that designing lessons that engage students in authentic situations and provide them the opportunity to conduct meaningful research helps them to learn content with greater depth.
What do I still have to learn? What new questions have arisen?
How to properly evaluate student work that is web0based research.
How will I adjust my plan to fit my current needs?
I can clearly see that my school's current focus for its goals is not in the direction of new technology methodology for teaching and learning. We have just implemented our first online grade book which teachers are just getting used to. In addition to that, teachers and administrators have just started collaborating via Wikis.

Diane

3 comments:

Mrs G's Space said...

Diane,
It sounds as if you have a great plan, I know that you will be ready for your film. Does your school provide the cameras and equipment? I have several students that are great with the audio visual equipment and are great with helping me out. Good Luck!

Unknown said...

I only wish Ms. "G,"that our school provided the cameras and equipment.

It will take somewhat of a small miracle to bring this about, but I will not give up. Luckily, I have a MacBook, and it is fairly easy to record and upload podcasts and film. I need to stay on top of thing and practice the skills I've learned. I still haven't used the Jing program for instruction....I can't wait! But time seems so limited. I feel that now most teachers in my school feel immense pressure and have less time to really enjoy teaching, but maybe this is because we are learning new methods. Wish me luck!

Diane

Jane Eidson said...

Diane,

Your plan and film idea sounds really great, and I know you are excited to get them started. Like you, I have so many ideas, and struggle to get them off the ground whether from time restraints, curriculum restrictions, or technology limitations. It sounds to me like you may be a tech leader in your school...perhaps you can "wow" the powers that be with your film project and open the door to some new equipment!

Don't feel bad about not making the progress you intended. I think most of us are in the same boat; I know I am. The things I intended to do last year are not even all implemented this year, but I am still plugging along. Perhaps next semester, and if not...the next. Either way, I will keep at it and I know you will, too!

Jane